As Company Secretary you will be responsible for ensuring that the business complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains best practice in corporate governance.
Daiwa Capital Markets is an international investment bank that provides M&A advisory, sales and trading services in a variety of financial products to corporate and institutional clients. It is a subsidiary of Daiwa Securities Group whose headquarters are in Tokyo
The Company Secretary will report into the COO and will work closely with the Chairman and Board to ensure good governance is adopted across the organisation.
They key responsibilities will include:
- Advising the Chairman, Board and Senior Management on their responsibilities under the rules and regulations to which they are subject and on how those responsibility should be discharged
- Supporting the Chairman in ensuring the Board functions efficiently and effectively
- Managing Board meetings; agendas, Board papers and minutes
- Maintaining statutory records
- Companies House filings
- Designing, implementing and embedding improvements to the overall governance and committee structure
- Ensuring good communication between the board, committees, senior management and non-executive directors
The successful candidate will be ICSA qualified with demonstrable experience of:
- Working as a Company Secretary at a senior level
- Managing Board and Committee meetings
- Conducting Board Effectiveness reviews
- Developing and implementing corporate governance frameworks
- Working within financial services
- Influencing and advising senior stakeholders
A very competitive basic salary + excellent benefits package + bonus scheme.
This role will be 3-4 days per week and based in London.
*Michael Page have been exclusively retained by Daiwa Capital Markets on the recruitment of this role. Any third party or direct applications will be referred to Michael Page for consideration.*