Associate Director- Plc- Corporate Governance
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the senior management team of a global business. From its base in Bristol, this role could span both London and Bristol offices with the expectation that you will be spending time in Bristol.
You will have overall responsibility for a profit centre and management of an experience team of Corporate Governance professionals. With your leadership skills, you will set the direction, pace and culture within a rapidly changing and growing organisation.
- To create and deliver upon annual business plan of the department and any group operating plan so that operations generate a positive cash-flow available to be reinvested in the provision of high quality professional services to clients
- To lead a specialist team in the provision of company secretarial, board, committee and ancillary technical support and ad hoc services to a portfolio of UK and offshore companies, ensuring that members of the Specialist Corporate Governance team interpret their needs precisely and respond to them correctly and that clients are kept regularly informed of progress and costs
- To create and maintain the provision of high quality client service in all aspects of Company Secretarial, and other relevant services
- To ensure all work performed is charged to clients in a timely manner and that all work undertaken is charged at appropriate fees
- To review and recommend changes in fee structure where considered appropriate.
- To provide professional leadership and line management to the team managers to ensure the delivery of the department’s objectives.
- To ensure, in conjunction with HR functions, and the management team that the Specialist Corporate Governance team have credible and challenging development plans and oversee their delivery
- To work closely with clients, identifying ways in which we can develop the relationship and ensure client retention and increase service provision and fees
- To be an active member of the senior leadership within the office location and work closely with the senior leadership team within the business locally and globally in identifying both new client opportunities and areas where current systems and services can be developed
- To ensure systems are in place to enable the department to manage and control customer due diligence activity and reporting all concerns in respect of suspicion of money laundering activity to the Compliance Officer
- To identify, promote and develop commercial opportunities and to keep clients informed of new products, services and changes in legislation
- To play an active role in contributing to marketing content and sharing best practice, supporting marketing, promotional and sales initiatives as appropriate
- To lead and perform ad-hoc projects at the request of the Head of Corporate Law, UK.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have previous Plc experience and have an ICSA Qualification.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant sector at management level, including listed company experience
- Proven track record in driving client service excellence and revenue growth while expanding portfolio and qualifications through new products and services
- Relevant operational experience within business and/or private practice. Proven experience of business planning, budgeting, and managing P&L for a business of this type
· Proven track record of growing client relationships and revenue from these clients
· Personable and enthusiastic leader, with a confident, professional and commercial outlook.
We look forward to sharing further information with you upon application.