Legal Counsel – Company Secretary
Legal Counsel – Company Secretary
Canary Wharf, London
- Provide legal and commercial advice on all matters associated with the commercial operations, legal governance, and financial and regulatory control of the group, including law advice, disputes, claims and insurance;
- Deliver legal advice to the business and key stakeholders upon request on matters concerning applicable contracts required for operation of the business.
- Manage, protect and enforce portfolios of intellectual property rights, including trademarks protection, brand/reputation management and compliance matters;
- Work closely with departmental leadership and key stakeholders across the business in overseeing and ensuring legal compliance across the business;
- Collaborate with management to take initiative in the mitigating and resolving legal issues at the earliest practicable stage.
- Maintaining the company's statutory books, including: a register of present and past directors and secretaries. A register of all shareholders, past and present and their shareholdings.
- Collaborate with London office on-site teams such as HR and Office Operations to ensure office is compliant with organisation standard procedures.
- Prepare documents, including contracts, corporate documents, paperwork related to contentious matters including: legal briefs, spreadsheets and other documents and letters of a legal nature.
Managing Risk and Compliance
- Participates in risk management and mitigation at the highest level in the group with a particular emphasis on legal, regulatory, compliance and reputational risk-management.
- Legal Qualification - Qualified UK solicitor with 6-10 years PQE experience;
- Extensive experience working in a corporate legal capacity within a fast-paced, fast-evolving and dynamic environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- The ability to take the initiative
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Good communicator and highly collaborative
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Commercial awareness
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent rapport & relationship building skills with stakeholders.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Fast paced working environment with new and exciting projects
- Very modern office space, just a short walk from Canary Wharf station and countless amenities
- Constantly demanding and interesting tasks
- Appreciative, trust-based corporate culture
- Professional and personal development through the internal myWorld Academy and eCademy
- Welcome gifts, and welcome days.
- 25 days paid holiday per year (plus Bank Holiday)
- Free fruit
- Private Medical Insurance
- Regular social events
- Cake on your birthday!
Here at myWorld Holdings, we want to help and encourage people on their path to professional success. Excellent career prospects and the opportunity to develop individual strengths go without saying. myWorld Holdings, seated in London, is the headquarter to the myWorld group of companies which acts as a hub for the wide range of projects that are being planned in order to successfully expand the myWorld holdings‘ portfolio over the next coming years. Our main focuses are in the fields of Tech, Marketing & Communication.
Apply for Legal Counsel – Company Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly