Professional Indemnity Lawyer
Professional Indemnity Lawyer | In-House | Leeds | 2-11PQE
A global law firm is seeking a Professional Indemnity Lawyer (or a mix of Profin and commercial litigation) to join their in-house legal team where your client is the law firm itself. This Professional Indemnity Lawyer role is offered on a full time (or part time considered) permanent basis. As an in-house lawyer you would not have any billings requirements or targets.
The In House Opportunity
- This is an in house opportunity for a Professional Indemnity Lawyer to work with a team of key in house lawyers headed by the General Counsel
- The team arranges insurance cover for the firm globally and manages the firm's relationship with insurers and brokers
- Deals with the full range of insurance queries and issues including all claims and circumstances
- Working closely with lawyers and other colleagues around the business to tailor insurance cover as well as to investigate and resolve claims; develop training and risk management policies
The Professional Indemnity Opportunity
- Primary role will involve investigating, reporting and acting for the firm in relation to professional indemnity claims and circumstances from global jurisdictions
- You will use your experience as a Professional Indemnity / Commercial Litigation background to report and advise the business on risk management and continuous improvement
- You will be the legal adviser to this global business and to insurers (in accordance with claims handling agreements) to investigate and defend/resolve professional indemnity risks
- Working with the firm's wider risk teams on regulatory compliance, ethics, data protection and complaints issues arising from professional indemnity notifications
About the ideal Professional Indemnity Lawyer
- Desire to move in house as this is an internal role within the law firm's global legal team
- Qualified solicitor (2-11 PQE) with ideally a predominantly Professional Indemnity or insurance background (commercial lit also considered)
- Team player and desire to achieve excellence
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including corporate gym membership and subsidised canteen
- 26 days annual leave
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please complete the application form below or email to set up a confidential discussion.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.