Banking Lawyer- Edinburgh/ Glasgow/ Remote Working
Dentons, the world’s largest law firm, are looking to hire a Banking Lawyer- this role can be based in Edinburgh, Glasgow or Full-Time Remote Working.
Purpose of Role:
- As a Banking lawyer you will carry out a broad range of finance work as part of an ambitious, motivated team. This will include acting for lenders and borrowers, you will be responsible for all aspects of lending transactions. We act for a wide range of funders including banks, insurers and debt funds. We also act for some of the largest and most successful corporates in Scotland. In addition, you will have a fantastic opportunity to be involved in marketing and business development initiatives. To support you in this role, you will have the benefit of our award-winning learning and development programmes.
- We are looking for Banking Lawyers to have between 2-7 years post qualifying experience in general banking to work on a wide variety of transactions.
- This role can be based in our offices in Edinburgh or Glasgow. Additionally, there is also an opportunity for full-time remote working with this position.
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- Banking and Finance lawyers with circa 2-7 years’ post qualifying experience in general banking work on a wide variety of transactions (we are happy to consider Scots law and/or English law candidates).
- Broad knowledge of corporate banking law gained within private practice.
- Enthusiastic about keeping up with the latest trends and decisions in finance law.
- Proven ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise effectively.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team whilst also using initiative.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Proven ability to build effective client relationships.
- Proven ability to solve problems and deal with client matters.
- Strong aspirations to succeed.
- Evidence to support keen interest in business development.
- Teamwork - Maintains productive and harmonious relationships within own team and across the firm to achieve objectives. Promotes team-based working and shares knowledge.
- Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely, and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptability to change - Is receptive to changing requirements in the job and the firm. Adapts approach to meet new priorities and able to promote new ideas and improvements.
- Customer focus - Proactive in identifying and addressing the needs of clients and internal customers to ensure the delivery of valuable and efficient services.
- Problem Solving - Analyses problems and information, evaluates options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate solutions. Bases decisions on sound judgement and initiative.
- Achievement - Displays a high degree of commitment and purpose in pursuing objectives. Prioritises plans and organises workload. Focused and energetic in ensuring tasks are carried through to successful completion.
- Personal Effectiveness - Projects confidence, self-motivation and enthusiasm. Displays a positive attitude and demonstrates self-control when under pressure.
What we Offer:
Dentons offers a competitive salary, highly attractive benefits package and an award-winning learning and development programme.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position we welcome application via the Apply button. If you wish to request further information on this position, we will also respond to your questions submitted via the Apply button.
Apply for Banking Lawyer- Edinburgh/ Glasgow/ Remote Working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly