Legal Counsel 12 Month Contract - Jan 2021 start- Remote working
In-House Legal Counsel
12-month contract | January 2021 start
A fast-growing global business that manages a rapidly expanding blue chip client base within the Financial Services sector is now looking to further strengthen its legal team with the addition of an experienced In-House Legal Counsel. Commencing in January 2021, this Bristol based role is offered on a full-time, 12-month contract basis. Remote working is considered.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will join an established legal team that has developed excellent legal foundations and is now looking to shape the department further in line with recent rapid growth.
This is a broad, general commercial role where you will work on a raft of commercial matters critical to the business. Much of the work will be project based.
Key duties of the Legal Counsel will include:
- Commercial contracts (Customer, Supplier and Third Party)
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Asset and Share Purchase Agreements
- Data Protection and Intellectual Property risk alongside and Information Technology
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Management and supervision of more junior team members
- SRA and FCA adherence to regulations
You will have autonomy to work with the wider business and have involvement with senior stakeholders across the business. This will include key projects, risk management, Investment agreements, new product launches, terms of business.
Applications to this In-House Counsel role are invited from UK qualified Solicitors who demonstrate:
- At least 5+ years’ experience in non-contentious commercial law
- Highly developed communication skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills gained in a fast-moving commercial setting
- Highly adaptable and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Commercial acumen and an innate ability to communicate effectively at every level
You will either be a Legal Counsel already working in-house or a Commercial Lawyer looking for a first move from Private Practice. This role is offered on an initial 12-month fixed term contract but longer-term possibilities within a growing business are always possible.
If you would like to find out more about this In-House Legal Counsel role, please apply today.