In House Legal Counsel - Thames Valley 1-3 pqe
Commercial In House Lawyer 1-3pqe
A fantastic opportunity to join the in house legal team delivering high value advice to a range of business sectors including retail, defence, healthcare, manufacturing and Aerospace.
This is a new role due to the continued high growth across the business.
You will work closely with the senior board members and project managers who require commercial legal input throughout the project life-cycle. The legal team here play a major part in every facet of the business. They are involved from day one which is very much in keeping with the highly inclusive and team focused environment.
This is a business that has based its success on innovation and people. The value placed on its people is huge.
The organisation has a rich history in working with household name clients solving complex and seemingly insurmountable challenges.
As a UK Qualified Lawyer (1-3pqe anticipated) you will have access to a variety and complexity of work while receiving some of the best in house training and support available. You will be supported by a team of experienced lawyers who will be able to guide and shape your experience.
Some of the main responsibilities;
You will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the wider senior management team on a wide range of matters which will comprise;
- Supply Contracts
- Trademarks and IP
- Public Procurement
- Employment law and contracts
- Software licenses and IT contracts
- Looking after all company secretarial matters for the legal entities
Additionally, there is scope for the role to cover important quasi-legal and non-legal areas including;
- Proactive project management of all aspects of client contracts from start to finish
- Preparing and project managing tender frameworks and responses for public and private sector clients
- Running procurement programmes as well as involvement in many internal improvement projects.
Your commercial approach to problem solving will be as highly valued as your legal background. We would emphasise the key criteria - a commercial approach above specific criteria listed in this role profile.
We would welcome interest from lawyers who are looking to work closely with a business who may not have the classic general commercial background. You may have worked in Property, Employment or Litigation. We would like to speak with you if you feel your values and approach are closely aligned with what you read here.
- strong knowledge of contract law
- Good experience of drafting and negotiating contracts
- pragmatic, commercial negotiation approach
- Organisational ability and multi-tasking
- Self motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team
- Sense of humour
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Ability to fit into a fun and sociable environment
The prospects for career development and personal development are significant. Future possibilities to move into different roles within the legal function as the business continues to grow rapidly, as well as other operational functions across the whole of the business support team.
Support will be available from day one. You will have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression and you will receive regular appraisals and reviews.
We are looking for someone who is driven and wants to progress their career.
We hope to have the opportunity to discuss the role with you further.