Private Equity Solicitor
Entrepreneurial Private Equity Solicitor
Flexible working and remote working
Office locations include London, Leeds, Birmingham and Manchester
A successful and much publicised Full Service Virtual Law firm, is seeking a junior-mid level Private Equity Solicitor to join their expanding Private Equity Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring ‘business-minded’ lawyer who is keen to further develop their relationships with clients, hone their commercial acumen and build upon their technical expertise. The position is designed for an associate who is keen to be fast-tracked to Partner level.
The Role and Responsibilities
Supporting a Senior Private Equity Partner, the Private Equity Solicitor will be part of a small team (no larger than four solicitors), advising and acting for a wide range of national and international commercial entities. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising and working with Private Equity houses, Banks and Investment companies
- Advising on raising development capital, Buy-outs, Fund formation
- Dealing with Secondary (portfolio) acquisitions, Exits
- Advising on M&A transactions, including distressed acquisitions, private equity, minority shareholders
The private equity solicitor will receive top-tier training in the areas of strategic business management, commercial approach when advising in-house and be fast-tracked onto a Partnership programme. Most Partners within the firm have trained at City Law Firms and Top Tier Legal 500. An incredibly supportive environment, surrounded by like-minded legal professionals, where referrals within the firm are highly encouraged and appreciated. This firm is forward-thinking and has been ahead of the curb for since inception, 10 years ago.
This position also offers flexibility (both in where you work and how you work) and attractive fee sharing schemes. Very sociable, the associates with have plenty of opportunity to attend the firm’s networking events, themed events, team walks and experiences away.
You and the Requirements
- You will have a self-starter, entrepreneurial approach
- Keen to network and build relationships with your colleagues and external clients
- Solid experience within Corporate law, but also a keen eye for stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- It is essential that the candidate is UK qualified, at a junior to mid level