Civil Litigation Solicitor
My client is a fortune 500 company with over 50 offices in 20 countries and they are looking to recruit a Civil Litigation Solicitor to support the additional work coming into the firm.
The firm specialise within 3 area of law - Litigation, Employment & Regulatory law. The Civil Litigation team work mainly for insurers representing SME's and individuals in a range of disputes. The team's clients usually (but not always) benefit from an insurance or affinity relationship. The team acts for both Claimants and Defendants.
Duties and accountabilities
• Have previous experience of dealing with insurance claims (in particular, liability insurance claims and / or legal expenses insurance claims) and may well come from an established insurance-focused firm or team.
• Be able to manage their own busy case load - including recommending reserves and setting strategies.
• Deliver billing and other key performance indicators.
• Ideally be able to establish, develop and maintain corporate and individual client relationships - both internally and externally.
• Be able to supervise paralegals on some smaller files and delegate tasks to junior colleagues / administrative support staff where necessary and appropriate.
• Work within an established team of 4 lawyers and 2 paralegals.
• Provide both contentious and non-contentious legal advice representing businesses and individuals in an insured and uninsured capacity
• Be able to consider and advise upon insurance policy coverage issues where necessary.
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous legal (insurance) experience.
• Have experience of client management and practice development
• Be able to demonstrate technical excellence
• Have some business following or some business development experience, although this is preferable rather than a prerequisite.
• Be expected to develop and bring in new business to the department.
• Have knowledge of legal/insurance relationships and their interaction.
• Demonstrate first class client care and communication skills (both written and oral).
• Have high attention to detail and accurate case management skills.
• Demonstrate positive and co-operative interaction with team members.
Salary open + Amazing Benefits & Market Leading Pension - Apply now