Senior Information Officer (Resource Management)
Integreon UK is currently looking for a dedicated and motivated individual with strong organizational, communication and teamwork skills to join their Information Research Services team to support Kennedys Law LLP.
This role will report to the Information Manager and support the provision of both procurement management and legal research to this top 50 UK law firm.
- To provide professional support to Kennedys Law LLP, ensuring they receive a consistently excellent information and research service
- To lead in successful procurement and management of digital and print resources, within budget
- To track and report on financial spend and budget approvals
- To pro-actively schedule and prepare for renewal and appropriate licensing or cancellation of third-party resources
- Contribute to the wider delivery of a successful service, including legal research, current awareness, maintenance of information systems, resource management, and inductions / training
- Answering a range of legal and business information requests, from quick requests for cases, legislation and company information to more in-depth legal research – e.g. for cases, commentary
- Providing advice on self-service solutions for simpler enquiries, calling on the resources available via the intranet
- Supporting the end to end management of current awareness, including appropriate facilitation and usage of content aggregator (Manzama)
- Delivering training and inductions for lawyers, trainees and other new joiners
- Lead on daily resource management activities, supervising tasks of Information Officer
Client Service Objectives
- Supporting Information Manager in delivering excellent service to Kennedys Law LLP
- Understand and adopt the principles of acting as a professional service provider
- Proactively recommending purchasing decisions in line with the digital procurement strategy and Firm development
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of processes
- Sharing knowledge and contributing to cross-skilling across wider team
- Research using traditional printed materials, commercial electronic sources as well as the internet
- Contribute to the efficient and effective management of workflow of requests
- Provide daily support for wider current awareness, including appropriate usage and maintenance of Content Aggregator (Manzama)
- Maintain information on the client information systems and intranet (SharePoint)
- Ownership and updating of wider processes / instructions used across the team
- Supervising / line managing the Information Officer
- Delegating and validation of resource management and admin support work to Information Analysts off-shore as well as Information Officer
- An understanding and awareness of copyright licensing requirements
- Providing project support to Information Manager
Personal Success Characteristics
- Positive adopter of technology – using new tools to improve effectiveness of delivery
- Flexibility – willingness to adapt or modify approach based on wider changes
- Confident in fundamentals of budget management / tracking financial expenditure
- Communication and listening skills – ability to articulate positions/opinions clearly, effectively and objectively.
- Remain calm under pressure and work effectively with UK professionals and off-shore colleagues
- Team player
- Problem solving – anticipate and resolve problems before they happen.
- Technically competent in MS Excel
- Organised, methodical, with an attention to detail
- Client focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients
- At least 4 years’ experience in Information Services, preferably in a legal or business commercial environment, will have acquired the necessary skills to be successful in this role
- Experience of undertaking research and/or answering enquiries.
- Knowledge of key research databases and an excellent ability to search across publicly available sources, and, the ability to use and review core internal data sources
- Experience of various legal data sources, such as databases containing cases and articles (e.g. via Westlaw and Lexis Nexis), identifying statutes and regulations and identifying recent EU legislation
- Experience of supporting procurement or renewal activities relating to information and database subscriptions
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in Information and Library Management, or equivalent subject area
- Working knowledge of legal sector
- Good IT skills (Including experience of Library Management System)
- Excellent understanding of information resources, databases and associated technology
Hours of work
Core operational hours are expected to be between 9.00am to 5.30pm.
UK; Flexible with home working and traveling on an ad-hoc basis to the client’s offices.
- Legal Services