Commercial Solicitor - Technology / Software - Newcastle
Commercial - Tech & Software| Solicitor | Newcastle | Salary Negotiable
My client is a leading technology practice based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. They have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
The specialist, multi-disciplinary technology team provides expert support to businesses on wide range of legal issues such as intellectual property rights, software licensing, fundraising, franchising, data protection and commercial contractual matters.
The successful candidate will have experience running a mixed caseload of commercial matters and will work closely with clients to deliver high quality and business focussed legal solutions to clients while providing excellent customer service. You will be technically proficient in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating all types of commercial agreements including IT/software related contractual arrangements, non-disclosure agreements, franchise agreements, distribution agreements, trademark registrations and IP licences with a strong leaning towards technology matters.
What the firm will do for you:
You can expect to be challenged with complex legal work. Whilst they expect a lot, they really value their team members. They want their staff to stay with them for the long term, and they work hard to create a culture and environment that people flourish in.
In return for your expertise and dedication, they will provide you with the support required to help you succeed as a trusted adviser to clients and professional contacts alike. They have heavily invested in technology to develop and refine their sophisticated work management software and communication networks. This provides you with the time and flexibility to concentrate on what matters most.
- Qualified Solicitor (a minimum of 3
- Experience of Commercial Contracts and IT/Software Projects
- The ability to identify solutions and give clear and pragmatic advice.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities.
- Excellent technical, IT, client care and communication skills
- Able to lead on transactional and advisory commercial legal work, whilst knowing when to ask for supervision.
- Self-motivated and professional
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, they will offer:
* A competitive remuneration package and additional benefits
* A supportive and friendly working environment
* The opportunity to work for a firm that prides itself on top quality, complex and challenging work
* Excellent training and a structured approach to personal development through our competency framework.
This role will suit someone with a strong litigation background and someone who would like to practice within a specialised practice.
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call Simon on 01772 259121 for an informal discussion.
At Clayton Legal we passionately believe your talent matters, so we specialise in recruiting the best legal talent and connecting this to the right opportunities. Clayton Legal is recognised as the talent partner of choice with clients ranging from small legal practices to international and global law firms. Whether you are looking for total recruitment outsourcing or a single appointment, or an overview of the recruitment market our award recognised service can confidently meet your talent needs.