Data Privacy Solicitor
Data Privacy Solicitor - international firm - Birmingham - 2-8 PQE
Top ranked international law firm is seeking an experienced Data Privacy Solicitor (ideally with FOI experience) to join its commercial practice group in Birmingham. This Data Privacy Solicitor opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options considered. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As a Data Privacy Solicitor at this top ranked firm, you would:
- Be part of a large, growing and specialist national privacy and information law team.
- Undertake international data protection, transparency and other information law related work on behalf of a wide range of businesses in a wide range of sectors.
- Work on major projects for some of the largest clients in the world relating to freedom of information/transparency and cyber security laws.
To be successful in your application for this Data Privacy Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of two years' PQE whether from private practice or in-house. Associate/Senior Associate level applicants are also encouraged to apply for this role.
- A proven track record handling a broad range of data protection and privacy work.
- A real passion for this area of law and an aptitude for learning the applicable legislative framework.
- Particular experience within FOIA/EIA would be an advantage given the breadth of work the team undertakes in this increasingly complex area.
- Those with FOI exposure in tribunal work are welcome to apply if happy to undertake a non-contentious role.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- Depending on PQE, the ability to mentor and develop juniors in the team and manage client relationships at a high level.
The successful Data Privacy Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support.
- The opportunity to focus on and further deepen your practice in this exciting and evolving field.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- Strong links to Birmingham.
To be considered for this Data Privacy Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.