Commercial Financial Services PSL
Commercial Financial Services PSL 5+ PQE - national firm - Birmingham
Commercial Financial Services Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) required for the Birmingham office of leading national firm. An exciting opportunity for an existing PSL or otherwise a commercial financial services solicitor with a minimum of five years' experience looking to move into a PSL role. This role is offered on a full or part-time (three/four days per week) basis. Highly competitive salary.
BCL Legal is pleased to be working with a leading national firm in helping to recruit a Commercial Financial Services PSL to its highly regarded commercial group in Birmingham.
The firm's financial services team is a trusted advisor to many major international finance companies, well-known high street banks, niche financial services businesses, brokers, insurers, retail businesses and leasing companies.
The successful Commercial Financial Services PSL will be part of a wider PSL team and will be involved in:
* Working with the national head of the FS team in helping to build the team's strategy of visibility, reputation, clients and expertise.
* Working with legal advisors within the firm whose roles include acting for financial services clients across each of commercial, employment, pensions and risk / litigation.
* Creating and maintaining precedents (principally non-contentious).
* Organising, creating and delivering training sessions both internally and externally.
* Responsibility for know-how materials.
* The creation of external articles for the department
* The creation of articles for the firms' website.
* Conducting research on key or new areas of law to support the financial services team.
* On-going team training and development.
* Handling of miscellaneous team member queries.
The successful Financial Services PSL will:
* Be a commercially orientated financial services lawyer looking for an alternative role or otherwise an existing PSL.
* Have a minimum of five years' PQE as a fee earner, in-house or as PSL.
* Possess solid technical and drafting skills, ideally gained from a highly regarded regional, national or international firm.
* Have a strong academic profile, ideally 2 at degree level.
* Be a team player with excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
* Highly competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package.
* The opportunity to work in a friendly and collegiate team.
* Flexible working and part-time hours within a role that can be tailored for a part-time worker.
Or for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.