- Full Time
Commercial Solicitor - Surrey
This new opening is for a talented lawyer who is technically strong, personable and ambitious.
You will need to be able to work independently with clients to deliver a pragmatic and hands-on service.
We are looking for a great lawyer to join this renowned Commercial & Technology practice with 4-8 years PQE. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly professional, dynamic group currently consisting of 12 lawyers. It is your perfect chance to work outside (but close to) London, whilst doing a wide variety of high-quality City and International work.
We also recognise that lawyers value the ability to work flexibly so agile working policies are in place to facilitate flexible working and whilst this is a full-time role, we will consider a minimum of 4 days per week.
What will you be doing?
The Commercial practice undertakes a very wide range of high-quality commercial, competition and regulatory work. All members of the team advise on commercial contracts, but the team includes specialists dedicating a significant proportion of their time to competition, consumer law, data protection, EU law or franchising matters. They are active in all sectors, but sectors particularly focussed on include insurance, life sciences, retail and technology.
You can expect to get involved in a huge range of work, with a fantastic client list which includes well-known brands, multinationals, FTSE 100 corporates as well as owner-managed businesses and entrepreneurs. The team (and the wider firm) has a significant focus on international work and much of what we do has a cross border dimension.
Representative recent matters of the team include:
- Advising the central procurement function of one of the world’s largest drinks companies on its commercial arrangements
- Advising a global life insurance business on its platform and app-related product distribution arrangements
- Providing all required commercial and regulatory advice to a next-generation Swedish telecommunications company, providing services across the UK
- Advising on the implementation of EU falsified medicines law in the UK, including commercial agreements and advice on Brexit related implications
- Preparing international franchise agreements for a well-known retailer of menswear
- Advising on a number of ongoing investigations by the Competition and Markets Authority
Key expertise in the majority of the following areas is essential:
IT contracts of all types, including App and other software development, software licensing, software agreements, implementation projects, system supplies and SaaS arrangements
- Procurement agreements, including group buying and other framework arrangements
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Outsourcing agreements including FM, logistics, catering, large-scale cleaning
- Distribution and agency agreements
- e-commerce, website terms
- standard business terms
- franchising agreements
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Apply for Commercial Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly