Defence Solicitor (Motor Claims)
Your new company
Hays Legal are delighted to be partnering with a leading UK law firm with an extensive international network including 42 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America.
They have some of the most respected legal minds in their field and they are now conducting a search for an ambitious Defence Insurance Associate Solicitor to join their team in Belfast to handle motor claims. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded team in Belfast.
Your new role
- The Northern Ireland office in Belfast City Centre is the only pure litigation practice in the jurisdiction with a focus on the insurance industry, advising on coverage, defence and recovery matters.
- You will advise on regulatory matters, defend clients in health and safety prosecutions and appear at coronial inquiries.
- You will defend liability actions from catastrophic claims to everyday employers' and public liability, and road traffic accident claims.
- You will provide expert advice on professional negligence matters within financial services, construction (architects, engineers, and quantity surveyors), healthcare (medical facilities and professionals), real estate and insurance (brokers).
- Self- insureds
- Medical facilities and professionals Life sciences
- Personal injury defence matters including, EL/PL, motor, marine, clinical and injuries allegedly caused by products.
- There is also have a fraud team which specialises in personal injury matters.
- The team act for insurers on a full range of claims and also advises on coverage issues arising in personal injury matters as well as in defence.
What you'll need to succeed
- 1-2 years' UK Qualified Solicitor or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience*
- Experience of high volume motor claims is essential both personal injury and credit hire
- Experience of assisting on large cases in a team environment
- Previous client contact and attendance at business development events
- Experience of negotiation.
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary, package of benefits and career development are all on offer for you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.