In House Lawyer (Magic Circle)
Your new company
Our client is a leading Magic Circle Law Firm and they are recruiting an In-House lawyer to join the BAU team in Belfast.
Your new role
Role and responsibilities
- Being an in-house legal specialist in relation to client form Outside Counsel Guidelines (OCG) and the firm's own form Engagement Terms (Terms).
- Providing expert advice and counsel to Partners and senior BD staff to support the negotiation/agreement of Terms/OCG with our Clients.
- Analysing and resolving (or, where appropriate, facilitating resolution of) professional, legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to OCG and Terms arising from reviews of such terms and/or which are referred by BAU analysts, paralegals and by Partners and all other levels of lawyer and support staff.
- Exercising judgment as to when to refer issues of the type listed above to the Senior In House Lawyer: Terms/OCGs (the Senior Lawyer), senior management, the Global Head of BAU and/or the BAU Partner and the General Counsel and facilitating the resolution of any such issues referred.
- Responding to queries relating to OCG and Terms.
- Assisting the Senior Lawyer in monitoring changes in practice, professional rules, regulations and the law as affects OCG and Terms globally so that these can be reflected in the firm's guidance to Partners, its standard form precedent Terms (including International Standard Terms of Business (ISTOB)) and the business acceptance and client engagement policies/processes.
- Supporting the Senior Lawyer in the creation and maintenance of precedents and know-how resources relating to OCG and Terms for use within the team and the development of appropriate Terms/OCG know how and policies, a database of OCG and standard form precedents for use throughout the firm.
- Assisting the Senior Lawyer in managing the day to day operations in relation to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified lawyer with significant experience of contract/commercial law and contract reviews.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- A proven ability to work independently and proactively and take the lead in driving projects forward to completion.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage new and varied challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work well in a team.
- A commercial-minded, can-do attitude, with excellent communication skills and ability to influence.
- Flexibility outside usual working hours if and when dictated by business requirements.
- Experience with a top tier firm or other professional services firm with a strong background in commercial, M&A or finance transactions or dispute resolution is highly advantageous.
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary and package of benefits are all on offer for you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.