Senior Legal Counsel
A leading insurance company are looking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel to support the General Counsel and the Deputy GC on an 8 month contract. The role is part time (c.4 days)
Key duties will include:
- Providing legal and strategic advice to business leaders in support of business operations and strategic projects.
- Prepare, review and negotiate legal documentation including agency distribution and commercial contracts.
- Good working knowledge of general insurance matters including one or all of: wordings, delegated underwriting, Lloyd’s and company markets and Brexit strategies for financial institutions.
- Monitor corporate, insurance and regulatory updates and legal developments that affect the business and recommend changes as necessary to the GC and Deputy GCs
- Advise in trademark infringement and co-existence arrangements
- Negotiate and draft contracts with outside vendors
- Assist business leaders negotiating and drafting distribution agreements and commission arrangements
- Working knowledge of general data protection provisions
You will be a Qualified UK solicitor with at least 4 years’ PQE. Legal experience in the London insurance market is preferable. This role will suit a pragmatic and solutions driven lawyer with strong analytical and negotiation skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.