Legal Advisor - Construction - In house - Newcastle
1 day left
- Full Time
Solicitor / Lawyer | Construction - In House | Newcastle | Competitive Salary
My client are an international multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy operating from over 20 locations across the globe, with a passion for innovative and sustainable design, the legal teams mission is to play a key role in ensuring the firms continued growth by providing legal advice and support across all locations in relation to risk, contracts, insurance, and all other areas of legal impact
My Client are seeking technically astute candidates to assist with the review of contracts for potential issues of liability, insurance issues and/or commercial risk, by reference to established rules and guidance. Also manage debts and claims litigation.
- Conduct in-depth reviews of contracts for potential issues of liability, insurance issues and/or commercial risk, by reference to clear rules and guidance.
- Produce tables of advice / comments by reference to established rules and guidance.
- Support the on-going contract negotiation process including negotiating with clients' lawyers.
- Liaise with the Practice's professional indemnity insurers in relation to the review by them of contractual documentation as required.
- Review the validity of requests for assignments of the firm's appointments and for additional contractual documentation.
- Manage debt recovery and miscellaneous enquires such as IPR, IT licences and Property Issues.
What the firm will do for you:
You can expect to be challenged with complex legal work. Whilst they expect a lot, they really value their team members. They want their staff to stay with them for the long term, and they work hard to create a culture and environment that people flourish in.
In return for your expertise and dedication, they will provide you with the support required to help you succeed as a trusted adviser to clients and professional contacts alike. They have heavily invested in technology to develop and refine their sophisticated work management software and communication networks. This provides you with the time and flexibility to concentrate on what matters most.
- You will be a Qualified Solicitor
- Strong academics
- You should have a strong technical knowledge and be commercially astute
- Experience of taking responsibility for your own matters
- High degree of commercial thinking
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients, contacts, and internal colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- High degree of motivation
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, they will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A good training programme across legal, knowledge and personal development skills
- My Clients culture, providing the opportunity to establish yourself within the market and develop your career
- Parking on site
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an up to date copy of your CV or call Simon on 01772 259121 for an informal discussion.
At Clayton Legal we passionately believe your talent matters, so we specialise in recruiting the best legal talent and connecting this to the right opportunities. Clayton Legal is recognised as the talent partner of choice with clients ranging from small legal practices to international and global law firms. Whether you're looking for total recruitment outsourcing or a single appointment, or an overview of the recruitment market our award recognised service can confidently meet your talent needs.
Apply for Legal Advisor - Construction - In house - Newcastle
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly