Planning Law | Associate / Principle Associate | Leeds
Planning Law | Associate or Principal Associate | Leeds | Salary Negotiable
My Client is one of the biggest Law Practices with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2019 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK, they are immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people.
The Planning team continues to go from strength to strength. Due to the number of large, exciting projects in the pipeline there is a need to recruit an additional specialist planning solicitor to the team.
The team currently handles a large variety of high-quality work for both private and public sector clients.
Examples of the type of work the team is currently advising in connection with:
- Various strategic residential and New Town projects - advising on all planning aspects, including advising on a new garden town which is to comprise 23,000 dwellings and major infrastructure
- Promoting over 10 major CPO projects, including various major highways CPO's
- DCO's and Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects - including Mersey Tidal energy project
- Judicial review challenges
- Day to day planning advisory work for clients and infrastructure agreements
- The national team works collaboratively across offices, undertaking high quality work in a supportive environment
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with members of the Planning team and wider firm to meet client needs, providing clients with commercially focussed planning advice and guidance. The role is likely to involve some travel in view the projects we undertake
- To have conduct of various matters and work as part of the team on larger projects
- Help support growth for the Planning practice both nationally and in the relevant location
- Work in accordance with Weightmans' values
- This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified solicitor
- At least 3 years' post qualification experience in Planning law
- The ideal candidate will have some private practice experience and good experience on CPO matters
- Technically strong and good communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- A team player, who has the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
The firm supports and encourages flexible working arrangements
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market, and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.