My client, a well-known Law firm are looking for and Human Resources Advisor to join them on a permanent basis with the role based in Reading.
The HR Advisor will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to partners, managers and employees on all generalist HR matters, providing commercially focussed people solutions that take into account the business strategy and growth planning, policies and procedures, employment legislation and HR best practice. The will also be responsible for a providing support throughout the full employee lifecycle for business areas.
- In collaboration with senior members of the HR team, drive the business performance in relation to the organisation’s objectives.
- Within distinct business areas, lead on absence management ensuring employees are being supported and areas for concern are dealt with promptly.
- Help research, design and implement the firm polices to ensure policies comply with legislative changes and are in line with the firm brand.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to line managers on all ER matters, including discipline, grievance, absent management, restructures and employment terminations. Supporting the Senior HR Manager with more complex investigations.
- Managing employee relationships and supporting through any grievances and conducting mediation meetings where appropriate.
- Working closely with HoD’s and line managers to identify succession planning, working closely with the Resourcing Advisor to advise managers on recruitment and selection strategies and seeking appropriate authorisation for any recruitment.
- Assisting line managers with interviews.
- Assisting Graduate Recruitment & Development Advisor with assessment centres, vacation schemes etc.
Compensation & Benefits
- Managing maternity, paternity and shared parental leave, meeting with all employees and managing correspondence. Ensuring Payroll & Benefits Manager has all the necessary information.
- Informing employees of their rights and entitlements to benefits and keeping them abreast of changes.
- In conjunction with wider HR team, coordinating salary review process in a timely manner. Ensuring review
Required skills and Experience:
- CIPD level 5
- previous experience of working at an HR Advisor level
- Preferably have experience from the legal or professional services sector.
- Be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply ASAP
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.