Developer - Professional Services firm - Bolton - Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Developer - Bolton
Developer Bolton - This is a leading national law firm working for household name clients and part of an even larger international network. They are looking for a creative Developer to join their dynamic team. The role offers a broad range of software development projects to get your teeth into and a fantastic opportunity to progress and develop your expertise.
Summary of role
- Job title: Developer
- Location: Bolton
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + benefits
- Reports to: Head of Technical Services
- Previous Experience: Previous experience in MVC, C# and . and Agile / Scrum framework. Experience working in a professional services / financial services environment would also be beneficial, but is not absolutely necessary.
An introduction to the firm
Our client is a multi-million-pound, award-winning professional services firm and a leading name in the insurance sector. They are at the very cutting edge of their industry providing services and designing products to some of the main global players including many household names. The firm has a national presence and the IT team regularly work on demanding, highly complex projects with the latest technologies to develop bespoke cutting edge solutions.
More about the role
The successful applicant will work closely with other developers and architects to develop high-quality applications, frameworks and architecture whilst also working on software prototypes or assisting on a varied array of projects, whilst utilising a range of strategic technologies. You will also:
- be involved in providing support in projects across the firm's national network;
- liaise with 3rd party software providers where necessary; and
- be encouraged to experiment with and critique new technologies
The idea candidate
You should be a motivated, creative individual capable of working autonomously when required or being a valued team player. The role demands inquisitive thinkers and also clear and concise communicators. In particular, you should:
- possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- be able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- possess a very high level of attention to detail.
- C#, MVC 4 and upwards, EF
- Core and EF Core
- RESTful services, Web API
- SQL Server 2016 and upwards
- Visual Studio 2017
- Microservices architecture
- SOLID principles
- XUnit and MSTest
- An understanding of Build and Release pipelines in Azure DevOps
The varied amount of work means that two days are never the same. If you possess the skills required to excel in this position, do not hesitate to apply.