Sole Legal Counsel (Part-time or Full-time)
A newly created role for a Sole Legal Counsel has arisen within a fast-growing services business based close to Manchester Airport. Reporting directly to the Financial Director this is an opportunity for an ambitious lawyer from either an in-house background or private practice to build a legal function with a view to further growth.
- Introduction of processes and procedures for the new function ensuring the business is supported commercially and protected from risk.
- Supporting the senior team and wider business in new innovations.
- Drafting and negotiation of a variety of service and third party contracts.
- Data protection.
- Employment matters.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulation.
- Initial contact for commercial disputes.
- Management of external relationships.
- At least 3 years post qualified experience in commercial law, some knowledge of employment law would be advantageous.
- Excellent academics and training.
- Knowledge of GDPR.
- Approachable- ability to deal with senior members of the business, sales teams and external stakeholders.
- The role can be offered on either a 4 or 5 day per week basis.
- Building a legal function in a growing business, this is an opportunity to hone senior legal skills.
- Fantastic career opportunity.