Real Estate Paralegal
Job Title: Real Estate Paralegal
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
Permanent, Full Time
A thriving UK top 100 law firm are seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join their successful and growing Real Estate department based in Leeds. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an “outstanding” team of Lawyers to be learn from and be mentored by.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on behalf of their clients to secure deed of covenants for the transfer of ownership houses. Your duties will include:
- Corresponding with solicitors acting on behalf of the plot sellers and buyers in relation to their initial requirements for the transaction, obtaining the required undertakings and generally communicating throughout the deed of covenant process
- Liaising with the client with regards to new transactions, requesting service charge invoices, providing them with regular updates and copies of completed documents and title on completion.
- Reviewing registered titles both at the outset and conclusion of the transaction
- Drafting deeds of convenient after reviewing plot transfers, leases and/or service charge deeds to check that the deed of covenant refers to the correct service charger provisions.
- Liaising with third party solicitor to obtain an RX4.
- Drafting certificates of compliance
- Ensuring that accurate records of each transaction are maintained.
- Updating and maintain a record for each development.
- Managing admin fees and service charge payments
- At least 1 years of Paralegal experience, preferably within a similar role
- Ability to manage a high volume of work in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills including a good level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience working within a busy office environment.
- Basic understanding of OCEs
If you are interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Zoe Alexander for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful