Litigation Principle Lawyer (12 Months FTC)
Looking for Senior Regulatory Litigation Lawyer from Regulatory Environment, 12 Month FTC and Remote Work.
Your new company
One financial regulatory institute in Public Sector
Your new role
- Provide high quality, timely, consistent and pragmatic legal advice to a range of different stakeholders
- Identify and advise on client decisions that create unmanaged legal risk and/or legal risk beyond risk appetite statement
- Provide advice on statutory powers and which facilitates the effective progression and management of cases, to meet statutory and policy objectives and organisational priorities
- Contribute to the development of case strategies, including for high risk, high profile and complex cases, where the use of statutory powers is being considered
- Advise and support, and provide lead litigation support as necessary, regulatory investigations, in conjunction with external experts, other legal advisers and suppliers
- Advise on effective analysis of voluminous and complex material and compliance with disclosure obligations
- Prepare cases for submission to Regulator's Determinations Panel,or brought in the High Court of Administrative Court and/or under appeal to higher courts such as the Upper Tribunal or Court of Appeal under applicable rules
- Ensure regulatory notices, statements of case, associated materials and written submissions, whether drafted internally by you, the client, or by counsel are appropriate and effective
- Attend and effectively support counsel in preparation and at Determinations Panel hearings and court/tribunal hearings
- Have experience and be willing to conduct advocacy at hearings and other regulatory/civil and other relevant fora (subject to rights of audience)
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister in England & Wales with over 6 years PQE at least with a current practising certificate
- Solid experiences of Regulatory Litigation including high risk and complex cases such as insolvency/restructuring, fraud, financial misconduct or other relevant context
- Strong knowledge of investigation processes, procedure rules and associated court and hearing practices and procedures
- Comprehensive and relevant experience of working with other regulatory, investigatory, and prosecuting bodies (such as the FCA, HMRC and Insolvency Service) and of applying the Regulators Code and PACCT principles
- Knowledge of Pension Law, Public Law Equality Act 2010, Data Protection Act 1998, Human Rights Act 1998, FOI Act 2000
- High awareness of current litigation precedents and developments, as well as strategic treads and issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, persuasive negotiator, attention to details, approachable and good team player
What you'll get in return
- Remote work
- Competitive Salary Package
- Excellent benefits such as 26% above additional pension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.