3 days left
- Full Time
FTSE 100 listed Financial Services Company is now seeking an additional lawyer to join the Legal Team within the General Counsel Function to deliver high quality legal advice and manage legal risk. Reporting to a senior legal counsel who sits within the BPA team, you will act as a transactional lawyer for bulk purchase annuities and associated longevity reinsurance transactions to support the BPA Senior Business Development Managers on the execution of these transactions. This is a new role created to support a growing team where you will truly partner the BPA business team but report into the senior legal counsel and the general counsel function more generally.
On a day to day basis, this will involve:
- Providing legal advice to the BPA team with the primary focus on bulk annuity transactions (buy-ins and buy-outs) and associated reinsurance (longevity and funded reinsurance).
- Assisting (with the opportunity to lead) on the legal workstream for all BPA work.
- Ensuring the achievement of outcomes and deliver against deadlines; taking ownership of such delivery by influencing key stakeholders, advisers and governance bodies.
- Providing clear written advice/board papers pitched at executive management level with ability to provide clear executive summaries.
- Assisting negotiations on behalf of the Legal team and providing detailed updates to the Director of Open Legal.
- Identifying and mitigating risks within transactions.
- Contributing to ad-hoc development projects across the BPA team.
- Assisting with projects relating to the Group's own pension schemes
What We're Looking For
As Legal Advisor, you must be qualified and have a strong financial services background - with relevant exposure to pensions and pension de-risking transactions either gained in-house or through private practice experience - who can demonstrate:
- Defined benefit pensions technical knowledge.
- Experience of pension de-risking transactions, including exposure to deal structuring and longevity reinsurance.
- Experience in supporting commercial transactions and deal structuring.
- Knowledge of financial services companies and the regulatory environment in which they operate, including Solvency II and the Matching Adjustment.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of interacting with a wide range of stakeholders (including external stakeholders).
- Ability to adapt and be flexible and being comfortable with driving projects forward as we shape our proposition within a growing team.
- A keen willingness to learn with a desire to exceed expectations and demonstrate resilience in overcoming challenges and determination to deliver results for the business
As well as pensions lawyers, candidates within corporate, banking, Financial Services Regulatory and banking litigation with an interest in this area and who are keen for a move that offers a change in direction - are strongly encouraged to apply. The role is based in London and in light of the current situation, this company is also open to applications from candidates who would look to go into the London Office twice a week and work from home for the remainder of the week
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Pensions 3+
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly