In-house counsel - Anti-Money Laundering, Leeds
Anti-Money Laundering Solicitor, In-House, Leeds
This global powerhouse is expanding its in-house legal function with the hire of an experienced anti-money laundering Solicitor to join the growing team.
More on the opportunity
- The anti-money laundering team is part of the wider financial crime team within the regulatory and risk function
- You will work alongside a team of experienced lawyers as well as AML analysts
- Your work will include a wide range of day-to-day BAU work and queries ranging from escalations from the client and supplier onboarding teams,through to queries from the wider business and queries on proceeds of crime issues, as well as involvement in a range of strategic projects arising from the commercial activity of the organisation, such as acquisitions, disposals, expansions and changes to policy or internal processes
- You will have overall responsibility for a number of smaller projects, where you will have access to more junior resource to help you deliver the project
- You will play a key role in the team, working alongside genuine experts in the field
- A structured ongoing training and development programme supports your ongoing career development within the team
- You will be an experienced AML lawyer with at least 3 years' experience in a legal advisory role
- You may have started out after qualification as a solicitor in an analyst level role and have developed from here to a legal advisory role
- You will be very familiar with the numerous regulatory changed that have taken place in the UK and overseas in recent years in the area of anti-money laundering, and you will understand the implementation strategies employed by large law firms and businesses
- You will be comfortable communicating articulately with, and delivering training to, senior lawyers and executives
- You will have well-developed project management skills to ensure that a project is delivered on time and in budget
This opportunity comes with a top tier salary and benefits package, which includes 27 days' holiday, pension, private healthcare, life assurance, critical illness cover and a range of flexible benefits.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please get in touch to find out more.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for In-house counsel - Anti-Money Laundering, Leeds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly