Junior Corporate Lawyer
To support the Head of Legal and General Counsel and to provide legal and regulatory advice and support to the senior management, to committees, to a range of internal departments and subsidiaries and overseas offices.
To be responsible to the Manager of the Corporate team for the matters referred to below:
- Agree with the Head of Legal the targets and standards that support the attainment of the Team's/Department's objectives.
- With support from the Manager of the Corporate Team, provide accurate, timely, pragmatic and commercial risk-based legal advice on all legal, corporate and regulatory matters raised by internal departments including but not limited to the following teams: Corporate Real Estate, ITG,
Innovation, Communications & Marketing, Syndicate Underwriting Performance, Policyholder and Third Party Oversight, Risk Aggregation, Syndicate Capability Oversight, Market Finance, Treasury & Investment Management, Tax, Risk Management, Compliance, Global Markets, International Regulatory Affairs and Market Services.
- With support from the Manager of the Corporate Team or external counsel, assisting with drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on a wide variety of corporate and finance contracts.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to senior management and to the committees.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on a wide range of documentation for internal departments for both internal and external use, including byelaws, regulations, market guidance and contractual documentation.
- With support from the Manager of the Corporate Team, provide legal and regulatory advice to the senior management and to the committees.
- Manage the requirements and expectations of clients/stakeholders on matters and projects including cross-directorate and cross-market projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Plan and prioritise workloads.
- Communicate progress of ongoing matters at regular intervals to clients and to the Manager of the Corporate Team and, as appropriate, to the Head of Legal.
- With agreement and support from the Manager of the Corporate Team, instruct and manage outside firms of solicitors and other external advisers where appropriate
- Experience of providing risk based legal advice to senior management, internal departments, subsidiaries and to overseas offices on a range of corporate and regulatory matters and projects.
- Experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of progressing a variety of matters at the same time and with competing deadlines.
- Experience of managing cross-directorate and multi-stakeholder matters and projects
12 months mat cover
Large team to help develop skills