Data Protection Manager/ Counsel
Opportunity for a Data Protection/Privacy specialist, in-house.
Our client, a global gaming organisation, is looking to bring on board a new Data Protection specialist into their Group function. This role will report through to the Group Head of Privacy/DPO and will influence the strategic direction of the Group's four Divisions (US, Aus, UK&I and International).
The successful candidate will be essential in providing oversight and advice to the Group and will be responsible for developing a data protection framework and policies for the Group. This will involve setting minimum standards for the Divisions as well as monitoring and reporting across the Group.
* Assist with designing Group data protection policies and develop the Group's global data protection framework incorporating all geographical locations and Divisions
* Advise in relation to Group related data protection issues i. intra-group personal data sharing, Group DPIAs etc.
* Maintain an expert knowledge of data protection and privacy law, regulation, practices and related guidance at an EU and multijurisdictional level
* Collaborate with data protection representatives across the Divisions to embed Group DP policies and framework, to help improve their program effectiveness and drive efficiencies across the organisation
* Gain assurance from Divisions on framework deployment and effectiveness
* Work with the Group Head of Privacy & DPO to oversee Divisional compliance with Group data protection policies and partner with Divisional data protection representatives in the resolution of issues and to drive continuous improvement in related processes and systems
* Drive a culture of data protection compliance across the Group
* Horizon scanning for the Group in relation to realised and emerging data protection issues
* Reviewing emerging technologies and potential process improvements to improve data protection capabilities across the Group
* Develop materials for and manage the rollout of training and awareness initiatives across the Group
The successful candidate will be/have:
* Data protection experience within a technology business and/or team and have a proven track record of delivering results in a challenging commercial environment
* The role will report through to a qualified lawyer, so a qualification is desirable, but not essential
* Advanced understanding and ability to demonstrate competence with GDPR and national privacy laws
* Experience in managing data incidents and breaches
* Solid understanding of data management, security and controls and risk management
* Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
* Exceptional attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Assertive and confident, able to operate credibly with senior stakeholders
Apply for Data Protection Manager/ Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly