Senior Assistant Company Secretary
5 days left
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Assistant Company Secretary to join this high profile business who offer a collegiate and supportive culture for their employees.
Please note this is a 12-month fixed term contract role to start in March 2021.
As a Senior Assistant Company Secretary, you will have the opportunity to take on a broad range of general company secretarial duties with regular exposure to senior stakeholders in the business and participation in transactions. Please see below a snapshot of the responsibilities that come with this role:
PLC and Governance
- Supporting the organisation's Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee
- Managing our international subsidiary board and attending meetings where required
- Assisting with the management and maintenance of the organisation "Insider List", advising colleagues in relation to related policies and procedures, managing the relationship with software providers, monitoring and managing the MAR training programme compliance
- Manage the Group's share dealing processes to ensure compliance with the Share Dealing Code and the Market Abuse Regulations, including advising the business on close periods and trading restrictions
- Preparing and releasing UK and International Stock Exchange announcements
- Supporting with the drafting and production of the Annual Report
- Providing AGM Support as required
- Managing a portfolio of UK and international companies
- Supporting other Senior Assistant Company Secretaries in updating and advising the business on governance policies and procedures, including board composition and best practice
- Organising subsidiary board meetings, preparing minutes and other ancillary documents
- Supporting the annual subsidiary accounts process in collaboration with team members, cross-functional teams and external auditors; preparing and reviewing accounts, minutes, engagement letters, management representation letters and comfort letters
- Maintaining the statutory records of the organisation's subsidiary companies on Blueprint and make timely filings of applicable documentation with Companies House
Our client are looking for someone with confidence and who would describe themselves as a self-starter with a good understanding of corporate governance and company law.
The role will encourage you to think outside the box and proactively offer both ideas and solutions to support the evolving needs of the team and the wider business. You will be able to work autonomously on tasks and manage your own workload to ensure that all relevant deadlines are met.
In addition, you must:
- Be part or ICSA qualified with a good working knowledge of company law and governance requirements
- Have experience working in a listed company environment is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided
- Have strong technical and analytical skills with ability to think broadly on a range of issues and apply sound judgement in problem solving
- Have good written and verbal communication skills with ability to deliver complex messages in a simple and creative way, attention to detail is essential
- Be able to work cross-functionally and form strong working relationships internally with senior managers and Directors
Please note that once Government restrictions ease, this role is likely to be a minimum of 3 days in the office (more during busy periods or to support the Board with the remainder working from home).
Apply for Senior Assistant Company Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly