Senior Associate Solicitor, Solicitor (2 years’ PQE), Solicitor (NQ)
Something Different for Senior Associate Solicitor, Solicitor (2 years’ PQE), Solicitor (NQ)
- Is the desire to help people in your blood but you are worn down by working unsociable hours for low pay?
- Is job security and progression a concern?
- Are you looking for a new challenge to retrain in a highly technical area of law?
- Do you want to work for a company where your contribution makes a massive difference to your clients and is recognised and appreciated by your colleagues and employers?
Are we the right career move for you?
We are recruiting for candidates to join the UK’s most prestigious firm of specialist driving offence solicitors. Even though we are in the midst of a pandemic, our business is thriving, and we are looking to expand our talented legal team with 3 lawyers at differing levels of experience.
Our firm environment and position in the legal market offer the perfect opportunity for candidates who love working in crime but without the negatives of losing sleep due to unsociable hours, poor work/life balance and money in the process.
Geoffrey Miller Solicitors are very different from most law firms and proud of that.
The vacancies we are looking to fill are also very different from traditional criminal defence solicitor roles as they office/home-based and so you will not be expected to attend police stations or court.
Our clients are from all walks of life as our business is not built on celebrity endorsements but on delivering excellence, expertise and genuine care for our clients with the highest level of integrity and compliance.
We are not a legal aid firm and only deal with private paying clients.
All staff work traditional business hours so no police station call outs at 3 am!
Everyone who works for us is properly valued not just in monetary terms but with recognition, progression opportunities and with higher than average pay (compared to general criminal law), bonuses and much more.
Are you the right candidate for us?
Solid experience in general crime and some motoring law is a preference but not a deal-breaker if you are the right candidate for us. Having been market leaders in the field of motoring law for over 20 years, we recognise that any new recruit will be expected to undergo extensive training due to the unique nature of the firm’s technical strategies which are not covered by traditional academic training or general crime experience.
You will be a considerate team player, technically minded, fearless and professional, think for yourself, a real people person with the intellectual desire and skill to analyse and apply the law to deliver solutions. You will probably have already been told by your colleagues that you are commercially aware (a 3D thinker?) with an abundance of common sense and highly empathetic approach to client care that makes you stand out from the crowd.
It is these emboldened qualities that are of paramount importance to us. So if you fit this description, we are open to considering your application even if you do not have any experience in motoring law or general crime.
We are excited to hear from you if you are interested in applying for either of the roles below:
- A Senior Associate Solicitor who has 5 years’ PQE (preferably) in general crime, with motoring law experience, who can confidently run a full caseload of defended motor offence files, to include a supervisory role for more junior staff in the team.
- Up to two Solicitors who are newly qualified (or up to 2 years’ PQE) preferably with a solid background in general crime / some motoring law experience would be ideal, who can confidently run a full caseload of defended motor offence files. We are open to considering experienced Paralegals or Legal Executives for these roles.
Please click Apply to submit an application