Broad ranging role reporting to the Head of Legal at this rapidly expanding biotechnology company that undertakes cutting edge research in conjunction with leading pharmaceutical companies and NHS Hospitals.
This broad ranging role will require you to work directly with senior managers and you will draft and negotiate: collaboration agreements, clinical trial agreements, intellectual property licenses, sales terms and conditions. The role also includes responsibility to advise the business on compliance matters. As such the selected candidate needs a broad knowledge of contract law along with an interest in expanding their working knowledge in many diverse areas of legal practice such as State Aid. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in strategic legal projects.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating broad range of agreements for example CDAs, MTAs, R&D Collaboration Agreements, Licencing Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Service Agreements, Data Sharing Agreements including Clinical Trials Agreements and Clinical Investigator Agreements. You will advise on liabilities, legal restrictions and risks associated with such agreements
- Review contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policies
- Interpreting and advising on general commercial contracts, review of supplier T&Cs, outsourcing and procurement
- Ensuring the organisation's compliance with its contractual obligations.
- Interaction with key stakeholders both internally and externally with respect to R&D agreements
- Deliver training on contractual and compliance issues to the business
- Support the set-up of new legal entities and corporate secretarial aspects of existing legal entities and other corporate matters
- Actively contribute to knowledge management initiatives, such as contract templates, policy documents
- Participate in special projects within the legal department as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes, policies that improve efficiency and standardisation
Currently working at a leading law firm or in-house in either the commercial, IP, IT or corporate department, you will be keen to work within a life sciences environment where you can work as part of small team and have a direct impact on a growing business. Experience of working or averting agreements within or for the life sciences or research sector is advantageous but not mandatory. An aptitude and enthusiasm for the sector is key to success in the role.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Commercial 3+
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly