Group Compliance Counsel
A leading UK business in the property/construction sector is seeking a Group Compliance Counsel to join the team. The business is based in Leicestershire but substantial home-working is available.
This is a first-of-its-kind position for the business, offering substantial opportunities to make the role your own and add extra support further down the line. The purpose of the role is to work with all areas of the business to ensure proper processes are put in place and followed, particularly in areas of Data Protection, anti-money laundering, as well as ABC and modern slavery.
The key functions of the Group Compliance Counsel will be to:
- Review, update and maintain the company's legal ethics and compliance policies, staying on top of current legislation across anti-money laundering, anti-bribery & corruption, data protection, modern slavery, competition and other sector specific regulations;
- Identify areas of improvement in the company's procedures, working closely with the legal team and all areas of the business to improve and implement new changes
- Review and update all training and guidance given to the wider business;
- Advise on issues of non-compliance, engaging and managing external lawyers as appropriate
- Oversee administrators' responses to data subject access requests.
The successful candidates with be a 4+ PQE lawyer with a strong compliance background, but need not have covered all areas mentioned. There is significant room for development and learning, as well as the opportunity to progress into a "Head of Compliance" position as the team grows.
On offer is a strong salary and package, with good flexible working arrangements in place post-pandemic.
Apply for Group Compliance Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly