Principal Automatic Enrolment Lawyer
Financial Organisation looking for Principle Lawyer for Automatic Enrolment and litigation in Brighton.
Your new company
Financial Organisation in Public Sector, Position based in Brighton.
Your new role
- Provide legal advice in answer to complex compliance enquiries from internal and external stakeholders (including enforcement technical specialists, employers, intermediaries and their professional advisers)
- Provide legal advice on the Regulator's statutory enforcement powers and the use of those powers in litigation, and analyse information to provide advice on the development of case strategies
- Prepare cases, including the drafting of necessary documents, to be handed over to the Regulator's decision makers, determinations panel, First Tier and Upper Tribunals, Administrative Court, Criminal Courts or other appellate courts and provide advocacy as necessary
- Provide high quality robust legal advice predominantly in relation to AE related pensions legislation to the AE Directorate, which will include interpretative advice on novel and existing legislation provisions, the development of policies, proposed legislation, industry focused guidance, codes of practice and reviewing external communications with a view to meeting the Regulator's statutory objectives
- Advise on the use of regulatory enforcement powers and related procedures in order to support the development and operationalisation of policy, strategy, casework processes and investigation procedures
- Provide specialist advice, knowledge management and training to additional business units on individual specialisms (including public law, civil enforcement, criminal law, judicial review, DPA and FOIA legislation
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified lawyer with extensive experience relevant to the role with a current UK practising certificate
- Experience in civil litigation, including advocacy, e. regulatory law or Tribunal litigation
- Experience of public law or regulatory decision making
- Experience in instructing Counsel and working closely with Counsel
- Experience of legal risk mitigation strategies
- Experience of regulatory impact on industry e. employers/ third parties
- Relevant legal knowledge of e. Pensions Act 2004, Pensions Act 2008 and related subordinate legislation
- Understanding of regulation principles and best practice
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary Package including additional pensions and bonus on the top
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Principal Automatic Enrolment Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly