Costs Associate / Law Costs Draftsperson
SGR Legal are proud to present this excellent opportunity for an experienced Law Costs Draftsperson / Costs Lawyer to further their career and join a highly respected and award-winning firm. The position offers real development opportunities for someone who currently has 4 years+ PQE.
This Leeds based firm is nationally recognised for their achievements, ranked in band 1 of the legal 500, named as a Top Family Law Firm and shortlisted for Legal 500 UK awards. Then firm has a real focus on their team and this position offers a great opportunity for development. The firm has maintained high levels of performance which is reflected in their rate of growth.
The work will include civil and commercial costs recovery work, the main focus being on costs management. In addition, you will be required to undertake all work associated with bills of costs and points of dispute. You will be dealing with a substantial client base, including some high value work.
- Experience with preparing cost budgets
- Prepare budget discussion reports and deal with costs management negotiations
- knowledge and experience of the electronic format bill of costs is essential
- Dispute resolution experience in the technology sector is desired
- Prepare points of dispute and replies
- Undertake negotiations
- Ability to manage own case load
- Provide support to junior members of the team
- Working closely with partners on larger matters
- Focus on business development
- 4 years + PQE
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- Confident communicator with ability to build relationships both internally and externally
In return the successful candidate will be offered a competitive package with benefits. This position provides excellent learning opportunities, career development and mentoring. The firm values their people and focusses on supporting their team to achieve a work/life balance.
Apply for Costs Associate / Law Costs Draftsperson
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly