Information Governance Officer
The role of Information Governance Officer is to assist the DPO in responding to all information requests within the statutory timeframe.
- Respond to all information requests within the statutory timeframe, including liaising with all areas of the organisation to obtain relevant information.
- Assist with the design and development of records management processes and undertake records surveys.
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues to embed good records management practice, in particular, relating to the retention and disposal of records, access controls and the development of file plans.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure my clients FOI Publication Scheme is kept up to date.
- Assisting the Data Protection Officer with other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this job as required.
- To incorporate the my client values into your work each day- professionalism, respect, integrity, collaboration and improvement.
1. IT skills - MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint
2. Proven ability to plan and organise workload, and manage time effectively to meet tight deadlines
3. A good understanding of freedom of information and data protection laws and best practice
4. A good understanding of public sector transparency, including publication schemes
5. Recent practical experience of records management
6 and practical experience of current records management issues and applying principles of good practice
7. Experience of handling requests under freedom of information legislation
8. Experience working in a confidential environment demonstrating a high level of personal integrity, discretion and objective independence when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
9. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential and a high level of written and oral communication, in particular the ability to provide clear, accurate advice orally and in writing
10. Ability to work inclusively and flexibly in a diverse and inclusive work environment in a team and independently with colleagues at all levels
11. An understating of the key principles and requirements of data protection legislation
3 month FTC