Civil Litigation Solicitor
Practice Area / Department
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Our client is an international law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, they provide a full-service integrated offering.
Their clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net-worth individuals.
The truth is they don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests them most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities they look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics their people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. They will help you in this.
They are a global law firm that continues to grow in size, reputation and expertise. As a result, they are looking to recruit a Solicitor/Associate at NQ – 3 years' PQE to join their litigation team in Exeter.
What you'll be doing:
Caseload will consist of a variety of matters, to include:
- Handling a varied caseload of legal expense backed dispute claims involving (but not limited to) property, construction and consumer contracts;
- Reviewing and advising on legal expense cover
- Assisting partners and senior solicitors with more substantial disputes;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Participation actively in marketing initiatives, including training days / seminars;
- Ensure files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures and service level agreements;
- Monitoring and provision of management information to insurer client;
- Participate in firm-wide and departmental training sessions;
- Meet targets as agreed. Manage files, time and billing efficiently and in a cost-effective manner;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives, including attending conferences, giving and assisting with presentations, writing articles and creating marketing materials; and
- Training, supervision and development of junior staff (where appropriate).
What you'll need:
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies they expect of those at this grade. In particular for this role, they require.
- Solicitor with NQ - 3 years' post qualification experience in Civil Litigation and a relevant litigation seat at newly qualified level;
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative approach;
- Team player;
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage and progress files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus, and a commitment to service delivery;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrable passion for business development;
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude;
- Excellent academic record;
- Experience of running cases from start to finish;
- Managing client relationships
If you're interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Kyle Bancroft for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful
Apply for Civil Litigation Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly