Interim Senior Legal Counsel
In-house legal counsel position, 12 months fixed term contract starting asap. Role will be fully remote, with an occasional need to come into the office post covid.
My client is a well known governing body, based in the Midlands. This interim senior legal counsel role will work with Senior Leaders and you will support the Director of Legal to effectively manage external legal advisors.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts
- Procurement and commercial law, including bids and tenders
- Public law and administrative matters
- Regulatory law including licensing and conditions
- Data protection / GDPR / FOI
- Big ticket project work
- UK qualified Solicitor or barrister with an in-date practising certificate
- In-house or private practice experience
- Able to manage a complex caseload covering general commercial contracts, procurement processes, regulatory law data protection.
- Previous experience with public law ideally having worked for a governing body, central government or regulated business.
- Able to work as part of a team, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to liaise with all levels of the business, delivering clear and sound legal advice and support.
- Any exposure to prosecutions, gambling law or employment law is advantageous
Excellent remuneration and benefits package, also working with a great team on a nationally recognised project.