Solicitor - Property Development
Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester
Practice Area / Department
Real Estate Development
Our client is an international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, they provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. They also act for many high net-worth individuals.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities they look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics their people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, they will support you in every way they can.
Our clients dedicated Real Estate Finance Security team is made up of over 30 lawyers nationally. The team acts for Registered Providers of affordable housing, as well as lenders, funders, institutional investors and security trustees, on all aspects of property due diligence work required to secure various finance structures and to support large scale property transactions.
The team has secured thousands of properties for a large number of capital markets issues (including bonds and private placements) for housing associations across the length and breadth of England and Wales as well as traditional bank lending. The team works collaboratively on a variety of projects, with support provided from the team and wider firm to develop skills and expertise.
Due to growth we are seeking to hire an Associate at 3-5 years' PQE into any of our regional offices (Exeter, Birmingham, Manchester).
- Involvement in property due diligence aspects of development and regeneration schemes and putting them into charge;
- Providing advice to borrowers and funders upon the charging of residential and mixed-development sites and social housing;
- Assisting with the property aspects of large-scale capital markets issues and large-scale loan refinancing for RP clients;
- Overseeing more junior colleagues on complex search results and Land Registry applications;
- Acting for funders on approval and consents to various legal documents entered into by borrowers;
- When required, assisting with other Housing and Regeneration work, for example, development;
- Legal research;
- Running own files;
- Comply with core competencies as appropriate to the fee earner level of qualification;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives and business development;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures;
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions; and
- Training and development of junior lawyers (where appropriate)
The Ideal Candidate
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies they expect of those at the Associate grades. In particular, for this role they require:
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage files, independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and service delivery;
- Commercial awareness;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Methodical, disciplined and organised approach;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A strong team player;
- Excellent academic record; and
- 3-5 years' post qualification experience in property development or security work in private practice, ideally experience of working with housing clients, is beneficial.
If you're interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Kyle Bancroft for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful
Apply for Solicitor - Property Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly