Financial Regulation Lawyer, 3+ PQE, Leading Investment Bank
Our client, a leading global investment bank is looking for a 3 PQE+ Regulatory Lawyer to join their legal team. This is a highly autonomous position working on interesting regulatory projects and advising senior stakeholders across the entire business.
This Lawyer will work alongside a team of Regulatory Lawyers carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Interpret and analyse existing and upcoming legislation, regulatory policy developments and assessing its impact on the activities of the bank.
- Advise the senior stakeholders in relation to the interpretation and implementation of new regulations developments.
- Providing training to the business on new regulatory developments;
- Advise upon corporate governance matters, particularly relating to the banking and securities arms of the business.
- To advise on the regulatory aspects of disputes and litigations.
- To draft and review various contracts and agreements, both transactional and non-transactional, ensuring compliance with EU and domestic regulations. Such documents include vendor agreements, custody agreements, and outsourcing arrangements.
- To advise on legal aspects of new and ongoing relationships with third parties, including broker-dealers, trading venues and CCPs.
- This role will be ideal for a 3 PQE+ Non-Contentious Regulatory Lawyer with experience in-house or private practice
- Must have experience working on a range of matters; especially financial regulation, corporate governance, and commercial/contractual matters.
- If from private practice, in-house secondment experience will be desirable not essential.
- Must be a strong team player, with immaculate attention to detail, sound judgement and a creative approach to solving a whole range of problems.