£Competitive salary + company pension scheme and generous benefits package
Are you an in-house lawyer looking for their next move? Or private practice lawyer looking for their first move in-house? Do you want to work for a rapidly expanding global aesthetic company? A vacancy has arisen for a new Solicitor to join Sinclair Pharma’s legal team based at our head office in Chester.
Our legal team currently consists of the Group General Counsel, three Solicitors and a Paralegal and, due to Sinclair’s growth, we are now looking for another Solicitor to join our very busy team advising on all areas of the business across the globe.
This is a varied and interesting role, reporting directly into a Senior Solicitor in the team, and would be an exciting opportunity for a qualified Solicitor with between 3 to 5 years high-quality commercial experience.
This role would suit someone with in-house experience or a private practice lawyer looking for their first move in-house.
Sinclair Pharma Limited is a global aesthetic company, with a portfolio of differentiated, complementary aesthetic technologies for natural looking and minimally-invasive treatments. Sinclair employs over 260 people, directly operating in Western Europe, US, South Korea, Mexico and Brazil and elsewhere via distributors to over 80 countries worldwide.
Following successive years of growth and having been acquired by a Chinese company, Huadong Medicine Co. Ltd in November 2018, this is an exciting time to join Sinclair as we look to increase our product range and expand into new markets and territories.
For more information about Sinclair visit www.sinclairpharma.com.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Advising on day to day legal queries from across the business
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial legal contracts, such as supplier agreements, distribution agreements, consultancy agreements, terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements, etc.
- Assisting with Company Secretarial matters for the Sinclair Group of companies.
- Providing support for compliance, GDPR and other regulatory issues
- Assisting with management of the trade mark portfolio, liaising with trade mark agents and taking instructions from people internally. Collating necessary documents/materials for trade mark matters
- Corporate transactional support and project support
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legal developments, conduct research on applicable law and legal articles, and assist with the dissemination of that information to the legal team and the wider business, as appropriate
- Assist in the development and ongoing updating of precedent documents.
- Educated to degree level with a strong academic record
- Fully qualified solicitor with 3-5 years PQE in Commercial Law gained from a well regarded law firm or in-house team
- Solid experience of providing commercial and contract advice and drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts
- The ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- Able to juggle priorities with a ‘can do’ attitude
- An effective communicator able to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to think on your feet and challenge where appropriate
- Excellent attention to detail and written and verbal skills.
- Strong organisational skills and able to quickly adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of competition law or having worked in other jurisdictions would be beneficial
- A confident and professional manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proactive with an appetite to learn, develop and progress your career
- Willingness and flexibility to travel when necessary, both within the UK and internationally.
We have a real focus on developing our people, by fostering an entrepreneurial culture, we encourage flexibility, accountability and autonomy.
We offer 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), a company pension scheme as well as a generous benefits package.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing company, with big ambitions for the future.
If you want to be part of the Team and this In-house Commercial Solicitor role looks right for you, please apply below now.