Real Estate Property Lawyer (London or Scotland) - 4+PQE
Our client is in the energy & resources sector and operate across 16 countries around the world. This role will support its UK growth, managing a portfolio of projects.
This is a role for a Lawyer who may want to move in-house and reduce the amount of transactional work, focusing on project management. It is a unique offering and a newly created position, supporting project managing and negotiating projects from inception through to the developmental stage across the portfolio.
There is a diverse range of duties where you will apply your legal knowledge and know-how supporting various operational teams as follows:
- Assisting on real estate finance, disposals, and acquisitions (including corporate share acquisitions), development and restructuring.
- Running tender processes and manage external consultants/ contractors, land agents and legal advisers (in conjunction with the internal legal team).
- Liaising with the planning, construction, and commercial departments as appropriate.
- Dealing with real estate due diligence requirements such as the preparation/review of certificates/reports of title and summary report.
- Ensuring internal approvals are obtained for all property documents and transactions.
- Assisting with any due diligence activity on land and property matters in relation to any acquisition and/or sale opportunities.
- Supporting the team and wider business with land rights and associated matters on projects and issues as required.
- Maintaining industry knowledge on relevant and wider issues.
- Where required assisting with reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial real estate documents, including sale/purchase contracts, development agreements for lease and leases as well as other ancillary documentation with respect to real estate finance transactions.
- UK and international travel required on minor occasions.
- Be experienced in real estate property, more particularly dealing with rural lands owners and/or dealing with property related matters for clients in the energy & resources sector.
- Be qualified in England & Wales or Scotland with a minimum of 3 years' experience working in Real Estate Law. In-House experience or a determined attitude to transition in-house is ideal.
- Understand real estate finance transactions and investments.
- Have exceptional organisation and project management skills.
- Be an excellent communicator and a strong collaborator.
- Have the confidence to deal with a wide range of people both internally and externally.
- Have a methodical approach to your work alongside a good degree of flexibility.
The company offers:
- Professional and personal development.
- An exciting career and plenty of challenges in a company that is experiencing strong growth.
- A diverse workplace.
- Competitive employment terms and conditions to include benefits scheme.
This is guaranteed to be an exciting career transition into a company and sector that offers future stability, diverse work, responsibility, and autonomy, plus plenty of opportunities to collaborate with others. There will be further career development and cross-skilling opportunities.
To express your interest, please send your CV to Donna Rosenberg. All applications and conversations are in the strictest of confidence. All suitable applicants will be contacted within 48 hours.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit