A City of London law firm is looking for a Construction Paralegal for a full-time, permanent position focusing on contentious work. The role is offered on an initial 6-9-month contract, but it could extend beyond that.
Your New Role
The incoming Contentious Construction Paralegal will be responsible for:
- Document management and analysis.
- Assisting partners, associates and trainees with interviewing witnesses and preparing witness statements.
- Chronologies and narratives.
- Carrying out legal and technical research.
- Preparing exhibits to witness statements and bundles for pleadings and other related tasks.
The Paralegal may also be required to assist with drafting and negotiating construction contracts, appointments, collateral warranties and other related documents.
You will be assisting on a range of complex construction disputes including adjudications and arbitrations on major overseas infrastructure projects in the Middle East.
Applications are sought from Paralegals who demonstrate:
- A minimum of 2 years’ paralegal experience in litigation and arbitration, ideally within construction.
- A knowledge of JCT, NEC3/4 and FIDIC contracts would be useful.
- Familiarity and comfort with operating a range of computerised document review and storage systems.
- An energetic 'can-do' attitude.
- Experienced in dealing with construction matters and able to use that technical knowledge and experience in the role.
- You must be mature and international in your approach.
- The ideal candidate will be available as soon as possible.
On offer for the Construction Paralegal will be a pro rata salary equivalent to £34,000 - £36,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent Construction Paralegal role, please apply now.
Apply for Construction Paralegal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly