Senior Legal Counsel, Fintech, London, 7-10+PQE
Our client is looking to build out their legal team working in this fast growing fintech company. This is a position that will give one an ability to use a diverse skill set across a variety of duties. You will report into General Counsel and join the business at a time when they are set for their next round of growth and a role that will offer future career progression and an ability to be a contributor to the company's ongoing success.
Working with our client means you will enjoy a fast paced environment and be willing to roll up your sleeves and really get stuck in. This position will support General Counsel and as a result will best suit a Lawyer or Legal Counsel whose experience is senior enough to act in a senior capacity with a high level of responsibility. To be successful in this role you will:
- Have worked on a range of corporate & commercial documents in relation to the financial services sector and specifically payments.
- Have previous experience of working in a financial services regulatory environment and a sound understanding of associated compliance matters.
- Be experienced in drafting customer-facing terms and agreements.
- Be experienced to advise on projects and legal aspects with respect to delivery.
- Work with external counsel.
- Assist in providing professional development and know-how across the business.
- Assist with developing and implementing processes and procedures.
You will be:
- Qualified in England & Wales (or other Commonwealth law jurisdiction, with UK experience).
- Be a Senior Lawyer or Senior Legal Counsel (7-10+ PQE) whose experience supports working alongside General Counsel. Your experience would support a future Head of Legal.
- Experienced in a Financial Services and/or Fintech with knowledge of payments.
- Experienced in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, financial services regulation and in particular payment services regulation etc.
- Professional, highly personable and a strong communicator and negotiator.
- Able to work with a variety of stakeholders and enjoy a role where you have a high level of visibility.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a truly visionary business that is excited about its growth. Your suitability will also rely on your ability to adapt, be flexible and thrive in a changing and growing environment.
There is a competitive salary plus benefits & incentives in line with an individual's overall experience.
Please send your CV
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Apply for Senior Legal Counsel, Fintech, London, 7-10+PQE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly