Corporate Tax Associate
Accelerate your progression with this top 30 international firm with one of the market's highest internal promotion structures. The department seeks an ambitious Corporate Tax Associate to join their City of London office.
A Top 30 Global firm headquartered in London with offices across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. This firm has a massive international presence, forging close ties across Asia-Pacific, Singapore and the PRC. The diverse mix of expertise and culture, combined with an international pool of high calibre legal talent, the teams overcome the most complex, multi-jurisdiction issues.
The firm is recognised for their excellence and reputation in a number of strong departments, in particular, Commercial Litigation & Arbitration, Corporate, Finance, Employment, Marine and International trade and Real Estate. The teams advise a wide range of listed and private companies, institutions and individuals. Their contemporary approach, amplified by their investment in technology and their people have allowed them to win multiple Chambers, Legal 500, Employment and Diversity awards.
The firm achieved a continuous revenue growth up by over 50% in the last 5 years. A key benefit to joining this established Top 30 practice is you will be exposed to a meteoric amount of international work and one of the highest internal promotion structures in the market. Overseas opportunities are within reach, with over 25% of their staff outside the UK. Competitive associate benefits, with opportunities for international secondments, this firm can offer you the right platforms to drive your career forward.
The firm is seeking an ambitious Corporate Tax Associate (2-5 PQE) to join their team in their City of London office.
The global Tax group has an in-depth understanding of the tax and commercial issues facing clients in the current economic climate. You will advise all relevant tax matters, including integrated domestic tax advice across multiple jurisdictions and overarching international outlook. The Tax team is an absolute powerhouse, sat firmly at the top of the Legal 500 and Chambers ranking - the work is varied and often very complex. You will be working closely with departments across the firm, including corporate, funds, finance, real estate, employment & pensions and litigation groups.
The role will involve transactional, advisory and structuring work across all areas. This could include:
- Advising on the Taxation of M&A transactions, emphasising cross-border deals, corporate restructuring, energy taxation (including upstream work), equity and debt capital markets, finance, UK Real Estate, Projects, Funds and Private Equity.
- Tax disputes work
- Expected to negotiate transactions with supervision
- Encouraged to adopt a client-facing position
- Advise on VAT, SDLT, Reserve Tax, stamp duties and other specialist Tax areas.
- You will be a Corporate Tax Solicitorat least 2-5 years PQE (There is no upper limit for the level of PQE and more senior candidates will be considered for a senior position)
- You will be currently working within a City or International practice.
- Worked within a respectable corporate practice
- Work on mostly M&A Tax matters
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Actively engage in networking and development opportunities
Salary & Benefits:
- You will receive a market-leading salary with an excellent bonus structure and benefits package.
- The firm also promotes work-life balance with working from home days.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Tax Associate to join this Top 30 practice with no upper limit progression opportunities. Apply now for immediate consideration, alternatively please feel to email or call for a confidential conversation.