Bolt Burdon Kemp is highly regarded for running compensation claims for seriously injured people. Our solicitors handle complex and challenging multi track work within specialist teams. We pride ourselves on providing a high quality service and for employing talented staff who are serious about developing their careers with us. We are ranked in the leading independent legal directories for our fields of work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Costs Lawyer or a Costs Draftsperson working towards qualification to join our highly acclaimed Legal Costs team.
We are also open to hearing from those who have just completed their legal studies (Law degree, GDL, LPC, CILEx) and are keen to start a career within a highly regarded in-house Costs team.
You will assist with:
- managing a portfolio of costs files collectively with your team-members and conducting all aspects of advocacy, including CCMCs, interim applications, detailed assessments and appeals;
- drafting bills of costs, replying to points of dispute, and preparing costs budgets;
- internal training and reviewing the ongoing costs management process.
You will ideally:
- be a qualified costs lawyer or have a law degree, LPC and/or CILEX qualifications;
- have some relevant legal experience gained within a litigation environment (experience gained as a paralegal and / or within a Costs team will be highly beneficial and previous experience as a Costs Lawyer will be highly advantageous, but not essential);
- demonstrate excellent IT and administrative skills, be hard working, energetic and sociable.
In return, we offer the opportunity to excel by providing training, support, supervision and responsibility to match experience.
If you demonstrate drive and commitment and are still pursuing qualifications (solicitor/CILEx/ACL), we will support you in completing them.
Our working environment is demanding, friendly and very flexible.
If you are interested in the role and would like to join us, please click the apply button.