Contract & Commercial Manager
Major Projects Contracts & Commercial Manager sought for Global engineering group
- Working as part of UK projects teams supporting long-term service and maintenance projects, you will deliver a professional commercial and contract management service at all stages of the project lifecycle;
- This is a customer facing role and managing these relationships is key to the position;
- You will also manage relationships with partners and suppliers;
- Implement commercial management tools including Change Management;
- Negotiate, amend and draft complex contracts;
- Evaluate Variation Orders and amend contract documentation;
- Manage the Risks and Opportunities Process and databases;
- Oversee dispute resolution and claims management with clients and suppliers;
- Monitor compliance in Project Execution.
- Degree in engineering, law or business; or a qualified Lawyer or QS
- Minimum of 4 years* professional experience in Contract or Commercial Management in project execution
- Sound experience of drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts during projects
- Prior experience working closely with the customer
- Dispute/claims management experience
- Sound knowledge of contract law
- Working knowledge of business accounting practices
- Exposure to the manufacturing, infrastructure, engineering or technology sectors preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, a robust nature and the drive to succeed
- Prior experience in people management a benefit but not essential
- You must be a team player and able to evidence this
This role will be based from home until travel is possible and then my client requires 2-3 days on site.
If you are interested in this Contracts & Commercial Manager position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.
Apply for Contract & Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly