EU Funds Legal Counsel Investment Management Dublin
Our client is looking for an experienced funds legal counsel, to be based in Dublin, who will take responsibility for a range of legal work relating to its European funds this is due to an expansion in business and fund product ranges.
This is a key role within the firm’s European Legal team, which provides legal services supporting European fund complexes, and their global distribution, and the multiple aspects of the firm’s broader business in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) region.
The European funds include fund ranges domiciled in Ireland and Luxembourg and include UCITS and AIFs providing a range of investment solutions across a full spectrum of investment strategies including fixed income, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds, real estate and private equity.
Essential Job Functions
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Coordination of offering documentation updates, from setting up new funds to changes to existing funds and fund terminations, along with co-ordination relating to global regulatory filings and shareholder engagement;
- Coordination of review and amendments to fund agreements including investment management agreements, distribution agreements and other fund related agreements;
- Working proactively within a busy legal team taking a solution oriented approach;
- General legal support for the functioning and processes of the legal team;
- Providing an exceptional level of service to clients; and
- Coordination of processes with key internal and external stakeholders including client facing teams, funds team, business management, service providers and outside counsel.
- Ideally, 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role, with investment management industry experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills (with the ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner);
- High degree of client service orientation and responsiveness;
- Collaborative, professional and team player essential;
- Good attention to detail;
- High degree of personal and professional integrity;
- Ability to organise and deliver under tight deadlines; and
- As this role involves working across multiple jurisdictions language skills would also be desirable.