Kennedys is looking for a Legal Biller to join our Financial Operations team based in Chelmsford, on a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful Legal Biller will work as part of the Billing team, alongside Credit Control, Cashiering and Finance Database teams, to provide a proactive billing and support service to the firm including revenue assistance, bill production and dispatch.
Kennedys Finance team support the firm globally producing timely and accurate financial and management information, reporting solutions and operational support to maintain the high standard of service offered to the firm’s internal and external clients.
Our Finance team is made up of Financial Control, Financial Planning and Reporting, Management Accountants, Credit Control, Legal Cashiers and Billers and Financial Operations Database teams.
Our UK Finance team is based in Chelmsford and London and have a presence in eight global offices.
- Ensure that fee earners are fully compliant with comprehensive time recording policies and register all disbursements to ensure accurate defence costs MI
- Check charge rates and ensure compliance with client service level agreements (SLAs)
- Liaise with the Financial Operations Database team to ensure the account system contains complete, up-to-date billing information in line with current SLAs
- Respond to all queries and requests in a timely and efficient manner, referring complex and contentious issues to the Assistant Billing Manager
- Maintain matter budgets and resolve billing related issues promptly to avoid delays to the revenue cycle.
- Previous legal billing experience
- In-depth knowledge of VAT
- Experience in Excel and finance systems.
- Matching pension scheme
- Fitness and wellness benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate GP
- Life insurance and Income protection
- 35 hour working week
- Excellent resources via our online Learning Management System
Business services and secretarial employees are integral to our success. We offer career opportunities for professionals with a variety of experience and responsibility. Our working environment is truly friendly and professional, and you will have a wide range of opportunities for career development. We are looking for ambitious, committed and enthusiastic people, no matter what your industry background.