Junior Media Lawyer
A growing entertainment company with offices in London and California, representing a range of talent across digital, broadcast and music. Alongside these divisions, their record label partnership, a joint venture with a well-known American music company, manages radio, podcast, social media influencers and content creators. The legal team is made up of Director of Legal and Business Affairs and a Paralegal in a flat organisational structure.
This is a rare opportunity for a junior lawyer to get involved in a varied, hands on general commercial role including drafting, reviewing and negotiating talent agreements and supporting the business affairs team on a variety of day to day legal matters. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will be interacting regularly with the wider business and will quickly become both a legal and business partner. With an excellent quality of work and people management responsibility for the paralegal in the team, this is a great step for a junior lawyer with ambition to grow in a forward-thinking business.
- Qualified solicitor or chartered legal executive (NQ to 2 PQE as a guide).
- Media law experience, preferably in broadcast, music or digital. This could be gained through training in-house, through a media secondment in private practice or paralegal experience before qualification.
- General commercial experience including drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience in the paid partnership area is of particular interest including working on commercial agreements such as brand collaborations and partnerships with high profile celebrities or social media influencers and content creators.
- A genuine interest in the media/entertainment sector.
What you’ll get in return
£50,000 - £60,000 base salary depending on experience (NQ to 2 PQE as a guide) with discretionary 5% bonus, 6% pension, private healthcare and large pay-rises to those that want to come in and prove themselves. There is also a discretionary share options scheme. Genuinely friendly and family feel, supportive culture in an exciting growth period for the business. Good commercial exposure, responsibility and a variety of work that you wouldn’t ordinarily get access to at this level. Flexible working options post-Covid restrictions, with office based in Central London.