Job title: Corporate Associate
Are you a junior looking for an exciting new opportunity? A legal 500 practice is searching for a Corporate & Commercial Associate to join their London office.
What will you do?
- Assisting with large-scale corporate and banking transactions, and running own smaller-scale transactions, with a particular focus on investment work (acting for angel investors, founders/companies, and VCs) and generally on working with entrepreneurs and early-stage ventures
- Taking ownership of, and working through large technical documents
- Negotiating all or discrete aspects of corporate and banking transactions, and drafting the relevant documentation
- Drafting a wide variety of commercial agreements
- Liaising with other lawyers and legal representatives
- Taking the lead on verification, due diligence work and other legal processes including:
- Reviewing and processing due diligence materials;
- Managing access to a transactional dataroom and managing the flow of information; and; managing other fee earners and support staff in relation to the same.
- Providing administrative support on transactions to the team but also providing active back up on transactions, e.g. checking and chasing information
- Company secretarial work where required and some drafting such as minutes of meetings, share transfers and resolutions;
- Attending meetings, running discrete aspects of meetings, taking notes and following up on issues;
- Managing other fee earners and support staff in relation to documentation bibles, document lists etc; and
- Researching points of law and other factual issues, through the use of legal databases, textbooks and other appropriate sources.
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative and legal tasks under instruction.
If you are interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Daniel Harris for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful
Apply for Corporate Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly